May 22, 2008

Getting Old

Ashlyn with her Kindergarten teacher
Ashlyn graduated from Kindergarten on Thursday. After the graduation she requested a celebratory lunch at Wendys. At lunch when Steve and I were discussing how old she was getting, Ashlyn said, "I'm getting old, but not as OLD as you." (She bolded the "old"with her tone.)

She gave me a book for Mother's Day, that let me know how old she thought I was. The title of the card was "Guess Who." It said, "She is 33 years old. She is 40 inches tall. She weighs 40 lbs. and looks like this...
Picture of me saying, "Hi Honee"
She likes to red bx (read books). She doesn't like to hav babes. (Have babies-I think she believes that because everytime she asks me about having another baby I tell her, "NO WAY!" But I always had good pregnancies and loved being pregnant up until the 38th week.)
She likes to eat desrt (dessert). She does not like to eat selre (celery). She likes to wear her make up. She does not like to wear her klos with awt slevs (clothes without sleeves).
While I'm at school she gos shoping. While I'm at home she klens (cleans). I like it when we go shopping at the goshre stor (grocery store). Good guess Mom, it's you! I love you Mom! Hape Muthrs Da!"
So I'm getting old, but I'm loved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lana I love you! It's amazing how observant Ash is! What a cute book! I miss all of you and I am really looking forward to Duck Creek. Have you read any good books lately?

The Beck's said...

Congrats Ashlyn! I love the Mother's Day card :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look amazing for only weighing in at 40lbs. HA HA HA Don't you just love that they have no sense of reality at 5. She is beautiful. Time is cruel in that they grow up so fast. Love the pictures and thanks for sharing the book.

Mike and Shannon said...

I love that she says you don't like to have babies! That's classic. We love your family and can't wait to see you all.