I keep trying to convince Steve that it is possible to have geography genes. He doesn't think my argument is sound-you be the judge. Isn't is possible to pass down the genes to do math, science, art or even language from a parent to a child? Of course, some would argue the point of nurture versus nature. I think both play a large part in a child's development, and therefore I believe that if we say that certain traits can be inherited, why can't geography be one of them? Unfortunately for me, I don't have much of the geography gene in me. I can't even name all the cities in our county-much less name all the counties in our State. Luckily for our children, Steve is a geography whiz and it seems he passed this unique gene down to Nate. He just won the National Geographic Geography Bee for his school. Now, he must take a test to qualify for the State Geography Bee. Nate isn't exactly happy about winning the Bee, since he knows that means more studying and an extra test in his near future.
January 7, 2008
It's in the Genes.
I keep trying to convince Steve that it is possible to have geography genes. He doesn't think my argument is sound-you be the judge. Isn't is possible to pass down the genes to do math, science, art or even language from a parent to a child? Of course, some would argue the point of nurture versus nature. I think both play a large part in a child's development, and therefore I believe that if we say that certain traits can be inherited, why can't geography be one of them? Unfortunately for me, I don't have much of the geography gene in me. I can't even name all the cities in our county-much less name all the counties in our State. Luckily for our children, Steve is a geography whiz and it seems he passed this unique gene down to Nate. He just won the National Geographic Geography Bee for his school. Now, he must take a test to qualify for the State Geography Bee. Nate isn't exactly happy about winning the Bee, since he knows that means more studying and an extra test in his near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment