September 15, 2008

Our Typical Week

I've recieved a little bit of abuse because I've stopped updating the blog. I am sorry... I figured I'd give you a run-down of our last week, so you could see that I'm not ignoring this blog. I just haven't found the time. (This is a typical week.) With 4 kids in soccer, there is soccer training or soccer games every day of the week-excluding Sunday (along with the other activities). I love soccer season, and the running around is part of the craziness. However, In a few weeks when soccer season is over, I will definitely be glad.

Monday-
7:20-Nate and Caleb leave for school.
8:00- Steve leaves for work.
8:30-Lauren and Ashlyn go to school.
9:00-Lana substitute teaching.

3:15-4:00-Lana and kids are home from school. Quick snacks, jobs finished, piano practiced and homework started.
4:00-Ashlyn's soccer practice. I'm coaching Ashlyn's 1st/2nd grade soccer team. Nate and Caleb are my helpers.
5:30-Lauren's soccer practice.
6:45-home and finishing homework/starting dinner.
8:20- eating dinner
8:45-getting kids to bed, cleaning up the house, and preparing for substituting on Tuesday.

Tuesday-
Morning to afternoon- usual routine of getting to school and work.
5:30-soccer training for Caleb and Nate. (Of course both are in two different locations-30 minutes apart)
6:15 UAS meeting for Lana
6:30 Soccer game for Ashlyn. (Rainy game-luckily I was in my meeting, so Steve got to hang out in the rain with Ashlyn)
7:00 YM for the boys.
eating dinner around 8:45.

Wednesday-
Morning- piano lessons for Lauren and Ashlyn (7:30 and 8:00).
Afternoon-piano lessons for Nate and Caleb, and gymnastics for the girls.
Caleb game at 5:30.
Nate referee soccer game.
7:30 home from Caleb's game, starting dinner, homework and jobs. Eating dinner at 8:20.

Thursday-
Morning to afternoon- usual routine of getting to school and work.
Community Council mtg.
Nate soccer training

Friday-
Morning to afternoon- usual routine of getting to school and work.
Lauren on extended fieldtrip
Nate away game at 6:30-home at 10:00

Saturday-
Caleb's away game. Leaving house at 7:30.
Baptism for Sydney, our next door neighbor
Nate refereeing game at 12:00.
2:00-3:30-Cheering on our Cougars-wasn't that a great game!
3:30-Lauren's soccer game.
5:30 heading out to Nate's soccer game.
9:00-home and working on dinner.

Sunday-filled with 3 hours of church, 2 meetings and dinner with family.

Since I've been subbing this week, I am now truly amazed at Mothers who can work and keep their house clean. I'm not sure where they find the time. I am satisfied with a load of laundry and a load in the dishwasher each night after I've tucked the kids in bed.

I've been cleared to substitute teach from Kindergarten to 12th grade. But, Nate's asked that I stay out of his classes. (Though he wouldn't mind me subbing in his school- so I could take him out to lunch on those days.) It is very interesting to see how the kids have reacted to me working. I think they are worried, because in each family prayer they bless me and my substitute teaching. It makes me wonder how they act when there is a substitute in their class. When I come home from a subbing assignment, the first question they ask is how was the class. I may just get the opportunity to find out how they behave-we'll see.

I'm falling asleep right now as I write this post. Time for bed.

7 comments:

Mike and Shannon said...

You need to add an extra 4 hours into your day. What grades have you been subbing for? You amaze me, say hi to your family for me. We love you guys!

Lana said...

I could certainly use an extra four hours-or something a little less monotonous so I don't bore everyone with my post. If I'm falling asleep while I write it, I'm sure it must not be very exciting.

I've subbed 2nd, 5th and 6th. Tomorrow I try out the 3rd grade. It should be interesting.

Lana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dinner after 8, your mom would be so disappointed! I thought you would surely have the table set at 4:30, children washed and seatted at 5:00 just waiting adoringly for your husband to walk in the door and be presented with the newspaper/robe/slippers and a hot meal.

Welcome to the world of working outside of the home busy momma!

Mckellie Bellie said...

Wow you guys are VERY, VERY, VERY busy! I hope you guys enjoyed the OLYMPICS!

abbie higginson said...

lana, you sound like us! between accelerated baseball games & practice, gymnastics for the 3 oldest, piano for the oldest 2 and dance for sid, i hear you on the crazy side. we never eat before 8pm. last night it was about 9pm--at wildeflower grille (after jens' game). who's going to cook that late? and i'm no betty crocker, so crockpot use is out for me!

Rebecca said...

Wow that is quite the schedule - I'm tired and ready for bed just reading about it. :)