
An evening in the mountains was the perfect way to end a busy week's activities. We enjoyed a quick hike up to a grove, where the kids found a tree that had grown sideways. They discovered that it was the perfect teeter totter. I discovered a small clearing filled with these beautiful, white Columbine.


After a delicious dinner, which Grandpa prepared (stuffed pizza pockets for the kids and sweet and sour dutch oven chicken for the adults); we sat around the campfire singing songs and roasting marshmallows for smores. Adam impressed us with his skills on the guitar and Grandma surprised everyone with her dancing moves.

Isn't he cute! I couldn't resist posting this picture of Steve. I was glad that I actually had a picture of him in the canyon, because I wasn't sure if he was going to make it. He was the last to arrive, because he worked late that night. But, we were happy to see him and the kids were quick to pull him up the hill to their favorite tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment