Lauren is going through a huge growth spurt right now. She is nearly as tall as Nate and weighs almost as much as he does. She has also discovered all the shoes in my closet, now that she has the same foot size. She is so much like me, when I was her age. She loves to read books, play soccer & volleyball, do gymnastics, baby-sit, and hang out with her friends. She is good at drawing and I have high hopes that she continues on so that I can have her do some oil paintings for me to hang on my bare walls. She is just becoming interested in sewing and will start lessons this summer. I really do believe that my mother must have once said, "I hope you have a child just like you," because I do. Thanks Mom!
June 25, 2008
Lauren Hits Double Digits!
On Sunday Lauren turned 10. Monday night we celebrated her birthday with dinner at Taco Bell and the movie, Kung Fu Panda. (Taco Bell was what she wanted, her idea of Mexican food. Steve and I haven't been there since college as that was all we could afford when "eating out.")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
She is beautiful! I think it is wonderful that you have a daughter just like you... even though I am sure when your mom said it, it was more of a threat. Don't you love moms? Happy Birthday Lauren.
Post a Comment